Animal Info - Glossary I
- Forested land in the Amazon River basin that is seasonally flooded by acidic,
nutrient-poor black water. Compare varzea.
- One of the chisel-shaped teeth at the front of the mouth.
- Native to a particular country or area.
- Induced ovulation
- See "Ovulation - induced".
- See infrasound below.
- Sound that is lower than the range of human hearing (i.e. lower in
frequency than about 20 hertz).
- An animal that eats mainly insects or spiders.
- Referring to an animal that eats mainly insects or spiders.
- Occurring within a species or involving members of one species.
- An animal which lacks a backbone (such as an insect, spider or crustacean).
- A line on a map that connects places with equal rainfall.
- A species which has iteroparity reproduces more than once over a period of time (it is
- IUCN categories
- See Notes.
Home | Rarest Mammals |
Species Index | Species Groups Index
| Country Index | Links
Last modified: March 28, 2005;